We are currently seeking full or flex time film professionals to join our team as a Researcher in our Chevy Chase office.
As a Researcher, you will have the opportunity to work on varied projects in different stages of production, providing overall support to producers, director, and working with other film professionals. You will develop a wide range of skills, encounter high-profile and interesting people, and have room for growth. This position offers a great opportunity for growth within the company, to build connections in the film industry, gain new skills in producing, and work with a premier documentary filmmaking team.
If you are a self-starter with a passion for documentary filmmaking and a desire to grow in the industry, we encourage you to apply!
Duties and Tasks
- Research – You will be conducting research on a variety of topics in development, handle rights clearance, and archival work. You will need to be able to find and make the best deals for a variety of needs.
- Office Assistance – You will help with basic administrative tasks such as tracking information, proofreading, word processing, and excel. You will also be responsible for answering phones, handling packages, and making travel arrangements. You will need to be comfortable using social media and providing public relations support. You will also be responsible for list management using Mailchimp.
- Assisting with location scouting – You will be responsible for assisting with location scouting, such as researching potential locations, building an itinerary, coordinating with location managers, and arranging for permits.
- Assisting with production logistics – You will be responsible for assisting with production logistics, such as scheduling, coordinating with crew members, and arranging for equipment rentals.
- Assisting with post-production – You will be responsible for assisting with post-production tasks, such as logging footage, organizing files, and preparing materials for editing.
- Assisting with outreach and distribution – You will assist with outreach and distribution efforts, such as coordinating screenings and events, preparing materials for festivals, and managing online distribution channels.
- Well-organized – You will be responsible for keeping track of multiple projects and tasks, so strong organizational skills are a must.
- Able to prioritize – You will need to be able to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Able to problem solve – You will need to be able to think creatively and come up with solutions to problems as they arise.
- Strong research skills – You will be responsible for conducting research on a variety of topics, so strong research skills are a must.
- Computer skills – You will need to be comfortable using a variety of computer programs and software.
- Able to troubleshoot – You will need to be able to troubleshoot technical issues as they arise, able to interface with IT specialist
- Excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills – You will be responsible for communicating with a variety of people over the phone and in person, so excellent phone manner and people skills are a must.
- Interest and experience in conservative political thought and media – While our films appeal to many points of view, you should have an interest in and experience with conservative political thought and media, which is a unique aspect of the work we do.
- One year of office work and/or other responsible paid work.
- Bachelors Degree with writing and research-oriented study preferred.
- No Required Film Industry Background; strong work ethic, interest in film and filmmaking, and sense of purpose a MUST